macOS builds no longer run when with a quarantine attribute due to incorrect codesigning
Add quarantine ﬂag (xattred) open and install on Catalina system Terminal Test Mac Executable=/Users/username/Documents/toolname Identiﬁer=com.myco.toolname Format=Mach-O thin (x8664) CodeDirectory v=20500 size=549 ﬂags=0x10000(runtime) hashes=8+5 location=embedded Signature size=8926 Authority=Developer ID Application: Developer Name (QWY0LRW000). Xattr for Mac is included in System Tools. This free software for Mac OS X is an intellectual property of mlye. The default filename for the application's installer. Then run a xattred -d com.apple.quarantine.scriptpath. to remove the quarantine flag.
1. Download a mac editor (2021.1.x for instance)
2. Once downloaded, build a mac player
3. Move mac player to a different mac and try to run
A new error shows up (it started to happen around mi-December 2020 for me an a colleague) : '<Unity app> is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash'
Before it started happening, another dialog was showing up and I could still open the app: 'macOS cannot verify the developer of '<Unity app>. Are you sure you want to open it?'
Workarounds (you only need to apply one):
- After exporting the game on a path, resign the whole app bundle: 'codesign --deep -s - -f path/to/game.app'
- Remove the quarantine attribute from the command line: 'xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine path/to/game.app'
- User an GUI app to strip the flag: xattred