When you first open a really deep app like Audulus, it's hard to know where to start. This video is intended to be that first step into the world of creating. Audulus's user interface is clean, simple, and easy to learn, allowing you to focus on sound - now made easier than ever with nearly 100 built-in Eurorack-style modules. Winner of Electronic.
I was originally posting this in the Audulus 4 thread, but this is really more about Audulus 3 - a final library revision that will add lots of new user-created modules as well as adding labels to everything, taking away lights and other stuff that eat up CPU, and more. I’ll post modules here as I create them - let me know if you have any feedback about individual modules or the collection as a whole!
I took the internals of this module here and modified it a bit - turns out if you use oscillator nodes instead of a phasor core, you actually get some CPU savings.
I added an FM input control as well as a flashing indicator that will warn you if you’re modulating below 0Hz.
Basic VCO.audulus (25.3 KB)
It only uses a small amount more of CPU than the current Basic VCO module:
App Store Description:With Audulus, you can build synthesizers, design new sounds, or process audio. All with low latency real-time processing suitable for live performance. Audulus's user interface is clean, simple, and easy to learn, allowing you to focus on sound - now made easier than ever with nearly 100 built-in Eurorack-style modules.
▶ Winner of Electronic Musician Magazine Editor's Choice Award, 2017
'Audulus 3 out and is stunning!' - Richard Devine, devinesound.net
'Anybody into synthesis should check out Audulus on the iPad. Tweaker heaven.' - Jordan Rudess
'Audulus is fantastic, a thinking man's synth.' - UK App Store review
Rated 'Killer App' on apps4idevices.com!
Praise for the Mac version:
'beautiful interface' - Peter Kirn, createdigitalmusic.com
'Love this App. It has one of the best UIs I've ever used.' - USA Mac App Store review
'The biggidy bomb coolest most super tech-nerd fun times soft synth I've bought in recent times!' - Mac App Store Australia review
'Remarkable gesture control' - sequencer.de
▶ Visit the Audulus Forum for exciting FREE user-created patches! ◀
▶ Educational pricing available. For more information, see http://www.apple.com/education/volume-purchase-program/
▶ Key Features:
• Fluid Vector Interface - smooth animated interaction
• MIDI control - use your control surface or MIDI keyboard
• Polyphony - process multiple voices
• Diverse Nodes - from ADSR to ZeroCross
• Patch Browser - quickly flip through your patches
• 32-bit floating-point signal processing
• Fully Enhanced for Retina Display
• Unlimited Undo - full history stored in a patch
• Round-trip workflow with Audulus for Mac
• Virtual MIDI – control Audulus from your favorite MIDI app
• Audiobus support! - Runs as both an Input and Effect
• Sub-Patches - group and reuse nodes
• Universal Modulation - modulate any knob
• iCloud support - effortlessly sync patches between Mac and iPad
• Custom Nodes - build your own modules!
• Timing mode - figure out which nodes are using the most CPU!
▶ Featured Built-in Modules:
• 5ms Revolving Clock Divider
• Touch Feedback Clock
• Ms. Torsion Distortion
• Fibonacci Sequence
• Fab Five Rectifying LFO
• The Warpeggiator
• Scale Quantizer
• Cyclone Matrix Mixer
...and many more!
▶ Built-in Nodes:
• Virtual Analog Oscillator (4 classic waveforms)
• ADSR Envelope
• Noise Generator
• Mathematical Modules: Addition, Multiplication, Subtraction, Sine, Modulo
• Math expression module - 34 operation expression language
• Random Number Generator
• MIDI controlled Keyboard
• MIDI assignable trigger
• 16-Step Sequencer
• Low Pass Filter
• Low Pass Filter with resonance
• High Pass Filter
• Feedback Delay
• Unit Delay
• DC Blocker
• Envelope Follower
• Pitch Shifter
• Constant Value
• Mapper Curve
• Piecewise-linear Spline Curve
• Sample and Hold
• 4-Channel Mixer
• Level Meter
• Value Meter
• Scrolling Waveform Meter
• RGB Light
• Polyphonic to Monophonic signal mixer
• Polyphonic/Monophonic signal converters
• Zero-crossing Counter
▶ Recommended hardware: 4th Generation iPad or later. iPhone 5 or later.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at support at audulus dot com if you have any questions or need help.
What's new in v3.6- Fix for Bluetooth headphones.
- Unit Delay now works feed-forward.